surprising adj : causing surprise or wonder or amazement; "the report shows a surprising lack of hard factual data"; "leaped up with surprising agility"; "she earned a surprising amount of money" [ant: unsurprising]
- Rhymes: -aɪzɪŋ
- present participle of surprise
- The action of the verb to surprise.
- That is or are a surprise.
- A surprising number of people attended the rally.
Surprise may refer to:
- The emotion
- Surprise party, a party of which the honored person is not told of beforehand.
- Surprise factor, the fundamental element in humor that puts a twist on familiar subjects
- Surprise, surprisal, or self-information, the information-theoretic quantity \log = - \log, where p is the probability of occurrence
- Symphony No. 94 (Haydn) in G major "Surprise Symphony" by Joseph Haydn
- "Surprise" (Buffy episode), an episode of the TV series Buffy the Vampire Slayer
- Surprise, Arizona, a city in the United States
- Surprise, Nebraska, a village in the United States
- Surprise (Paul Simon album), a 2006 album by Paul Simon
- Surprise (Better Than Ezra album), a 1989 album by Better Than Ezra
- (T)Raumschiff Surprise - Periode 1, a German science fiction parody film by Michael "Bully" Herbig
- HMS Surprise, various real and fictional Royal Navy ships
- Ambush or military surprise, a military strategy to strike the enemy at a time or place or in a manner for which they are unprepared
- Surprise!, an award-winning short film by Veit Helmer
- Surprise (animated film), an animated short film created by Pixar Animation Studios for Sesame Street
- Surprise Records, a record label
- "Surprise, Arizona" a song by Richard Buckner
- Surprise Moriri, a South African football (soccer) player
surprising in German: Surprise
surprising in French: Surprise (homonymie)
surprising in Japanese: サプライズ
surprising in Simple English: Surprise
surprising in Volapük: Surprise
abrupt, amazing, astonishing, astounding, breathtaking, confounding, electrifying, eye-opening, hasty, headlong, impetuous, impulsive, jarring, jolting, mind-boggling, miraculous, nerve-shattering, overwhelming, precipitant, precipitate, precipitous, prodigious, quick, shocking, spectacular, speedy, staggering, startling, stunning, stupendous, sudden, swift, unanticipated, unexpected, unforeseen, unlooked-for, unpredicted, wondrous